Since I discovered peanut sauces, I've tried lots of recipes to find what I like. This recipe has been tweaked and tossed together from all of those, and I come back to it again and again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box pasta (I think shaped noodles are best)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresh or powdered)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped (from can)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- optional chopped cilantro
- optional chopped peanuts
- optional green onion
- 1Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- 2Heat oil in pan, and saute garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add carrots and bell pepper and saute a few more minutes. (For softer vegetables, toss them in with the pasta for the last 5 minutes).
- 4Add peanut butter, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, chicken broth, ginger, lime juice, chipotle chilis, adobo sauce and honey. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the pasta to the pan with the sauce and stir. If adding cilantro, mix in at this point.
- 6Top with peanuts and/or green onions and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle-Peanut Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 727.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo