Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Since I discovered peanut sauces, I've tried lots of recipes to find what I like. This recipe has been tweaked and tossed together from all of those, and I come back to it again and again.
- 1 (16 ounce) box pasta (I think shaped noodles are best)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresh or powdered)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped (from can)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- optional chopped cilantro
- optional chopped peanuts
- optional green onion
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Heat oil in pan, and saute garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots and bell pepper and saute a few more minutes. (For softer vegetables, toss them in with the pasta for the last 5 minutes).
- Add peanut butter, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, chicken broth, ginger, lime juice, chipotle chilis, adobo sauce and honey. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the sauce and stir. If adding cilantro, mix in at this point.
- Top with peanuts and/or green onions and serve. Enjoy!