Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect with chips as a dip or as a side to grilled steak or meat. Fantastic with fajitas! From Williams-Sonoma.
- 3 tablespoons white onions, finely minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- In a small bowl or molcajete, combine 2 tablespoons of the minced onion, lime juice, chiles and salt.
- Smash with fork or pestle to a coarse paste.
- Cut avocados in half, remove seeds and scoop pulp into bowl or molcajete.
- Add the cilantro and mash, leaving some lumps; taste and adjust the salt if necessary.
- Sprinkle with additional cilantro and the reserved 1 tablespoon minced onion.
- Serve immediately.
Loved this. Made it for a girls night dinner and it was gone instantely!
Used this as a side dish for Recipe #235329 and Recipe #173428. Way lessened the chipotles, added a tad bit of left over diced jalapeno and used dried cilantro. Pulsed it in a food processor. So quick and delish. Ole! Muchas gracias, senora! Made for ZWT5- Zaar Chow Hounds.
This was a smoky guacamole which is something that I haven't tasted before. I mixed in all of the onion and cilantro at the beginning. I used the full 2 chipotle chiles and a couple of teaspoons adobo sauce. Served with tortilla chips at a BBQ tonight. Made for ZWT5.