Recipe by Treewoman
I love "Dad's" brand from Lexington, Kentucky, but at $7.00 for an 8 oz container, it's a bit pricey. This comes pretty close to the real thing. I like to spread this on bagel crisps, but it's great on anything.
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (Have extra on hand in case it's too spicy.) or 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese (Have extra on hand in case it's too spicy.)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from the can or jar that chilies came in)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Process all ingredients in food processor. Allow to sit for a few minutes, then taste.
- Adjust as needed. If too spicy for your tastes, add more cheese and process again.
- Store in a container in the refrigerator; allow to sit at room temperature a bit before serving. Serving are approximate, it depends on how much you get hooked on this!
- (I have tried freezing this because it makes quite a lot- sometimes it froze well and sometimes it didn't).