Recipe by Chilicat
Everything is better with chipotles! This is from the "Beef-Its what's for dinner" website.
- 3 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 5 medium poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- chopped white onion
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef short ribs evenly. Remove from stockpot; season with salt and black pepper.
- Add 1 cup onion to stockpot; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, chipotle peppers and poblano peppers to stockpot. Return beef to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove beef; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid.
- Spoon cooking liquid over beef. Sprinkle with chopped onion and cilantro, as desired. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.