Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
- 1 lb filet of beef
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄2 lb cremini mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 -3 tablespoons pureed chipotle chiles in adobo (puree in a food processor or blender)
- 1⁄3 cup Mexican crema, sour cream or 1⁄3 cup creme fraiche
- 3⁄4 lb dried egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- chopped chives and cilantro, for garnish
- Freeze the beef for 10 minutes. Slice into thin strips.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add the beef and stir fry until browned, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- To the skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and stir fry the mushrooms, onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and the thyme.
- Stir in the beef stock and pureed chipotles. Stir in the beef, its juices and the Mexican crema (or other cream). Lower the heat and simmer while the noodles cook.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the noodles and cook until tender. Drain, then toss with the butter, chives and cilantro. Top with the stroganoff.
Made after work for family of six. Pretty easy.I thickened the sauce and mixed with the noodles, it works better with kids. Turned out great!