Recipe by matstaley
This is a recipe my Mother made and it was always a big hit. It was passed down from my grandmother and her aunt before that.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown the ground beef in a dutch oven.
- Once the meat is cooked through, add remaining ingredients but not the chow mein noodles. stir to combine.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 30 minutes.
- Put the chow mein noodles on top and bake for another 15 minutes uncovered.
- Let rest uncovered 15 minutes before serving.