Recipe by Kelly Ann in Ojai
My mom used to make this recipe all of the time! I took it to one of our company potlucks, and it was gone in no time.
Top Review by Sherry1
I took this salad to my office potluck today and received several positive comments. People enjoyed the mix of textures. I did add about one tablespoon of sesame oil, which made the flavour more distinctive. When I make it again, I will look for ways to reduce the fat content.
- 1 head napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 packages ramen noodles, crunched (Discard Flavor Packets)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Cabbage and Onions.
- Refrigerate until ready to toss.
- Brown Noodles, almonds and Sesame Seeds lightly in Butter.
- Set aside.
- Bring to a boil in a pan the vinegar, oil, sugar and soy sauce, just enough to dissolve the sugar.
- Cool dressing completely.
- Combine all ingredients and toss just before serving.