1/1 Photo of Chinese Pineapple Chicken With Cashew Nuts, Ginger, Spring Onion
This is sure to satisfy all your cravings for Chinese food, it's a great recipe. Be brave with the ginger, it mellows out as it cooks and is helped along by the sweetness of the dish. The cashew nuts are optional but I am yet to make it without them as I love their crunchy texture and creamy taste. Be sure to serve it with plenty of white fluffy rice. Quicker than waiting for takeout. UPDATE - I HAVE DECREASED THE AMOUNT OF WATER USED IN THE SAUCE FROM 1/2PT TO 1/4 PINT BUT I FIND IT DOES TEND TO GET A BIT TOO THICK AND NEEDS A DROP OR 2 MORE. USE YOUR SENSES, IF YOU THINK IT NEEDS IT THEN ADD IT! ADDING FROZEN VEGGIES WILL WATER THE SAUCE DOWN CONSIDERABLY. THIS PARTICULAR RECIPE DOES NOT ADHERE MUCH TO TWEAKING AND I SUGGEST YOU TRY IT AS STATED BELOW FIRST. THANK YOU
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 100 g roasted cashew nuts (optional)
- 8 -12 spring onions, chopped (scallions)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice (small size can)
- gingerroot, peeled and chopped finely (2-3 inch chunk)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
For the sauce
- 1First of all make the sauce. Combine everything, mix well until smooth and set aside.
- 2Fry the chicken in the oil with the onion and ginger for 5 minutes over a medium high heat.
- 3Add the green pepper and the pineapple chunks and fry for another 5 minutes adding half of the spring onions after 2 minutes.
- 4Add the crushed garlic and the cashew nuts, fry for 2 minutes then pour over the sauce and bring to the boil.
- 5After a minute or 2, the sauce should thicken and stick to the chicken. It it looks too thick, add some water, little by little until desired consistency is acheived.
- 6Utterly Delicious.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Pineapple Chicken With Cashew Nuts, Ginger, Spring Onion
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.9
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 880.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder