Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A Hot Dish from the 1961 "Lutheran Favorites" of St. James Lutheran Church, Howard Lake, Minnesota. Submitted by Mrs. Lorenz Rosin and Mrs. Milla Klammer.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup peas, liquid included
- 2 cups water
- Brown together the ground beef, onions, and celery.
- Combine all ingredients, place in casserole, cover and bake 2 hours at 325 degrees.
Good comfort food to eat on a cold Minnesota Sunday. Serve over chow mein noodles. Yum!