Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I wrote down while watching an old cooking show, prior to FoodTV. Even though it is "Chinese", I like to make the burgers small and serve them in those small Hawaiian rolls.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl (mixing with your fingers works best).
- Shape into burgers and fry or grill until done to your taste.
- This could also be made into a meatloaf and served over sticky rice.