Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy to make pork chops. Cook time does not include marinating time of 2 hours.
- 4 large pork chops
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil (or use plain olive oil and 1tsp minced garlic)
- Arrange the pork chops in a single layer in a non-metallic baking dish.
- Sprinkle on the five spice powder, then drizzle over the soy sauce and garlic oil.
- Using clean hands rub the mixture into the meat.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°C/160°F.
- Uncover the dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and tender.
- Serve immediately with a green leafy vegetable or broccoli and plain boiled or steamed rice.
Loved these! One small change - I think I will add a bit of something acid-y next time to cut the sweetness of the five spice.
It was good. I served it with white rice and green beans. I'll definitely make them again.
yummy and easy, very quick to make too. Just what i need. Cheer's for that!