Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Crock Pot casserole with pork.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Brown pork strips in small amount of oil. Remove excess fat.
- Place pork and all other ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve with hot rice.
To me this was a pork stew rather than a Chinese Dinner. It was good though. I had to add garlic (I mean it just goes with any main dish) and some Chinese 5 spice powder to make it a bit more "oriental". Good crockpot recipe.
This is a very good and easy to prepare recipe. I enjoyed it a lot. Thank you for sharing.
This a great recipe. I used freeze dried mushrooms, soaked them in water, drained them and then used them. It worked well. I poured the mixture over herbed rice.