Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
spicy, lemony glazed chicken wings Obtained from Oregonion, Food Day, restaurant requests - originaly from Regency Grill
- 32 chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice, fresh 6-8 lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sherry wine or 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce, Sriracha brand
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ginger, fresh minced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- black sesame seed
- sesame seeds
- scallion, minced (optional)
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Disjoint chicken wings use drumettes use tip for other purpose.(each wing should provide 3 pieces, 1 tip and 2 drumettes) Reserve tip for soup stock or toss.
- arrange drumettes on 1 - 2 shallow baking pans season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or lightly browned and tender turn every 15 minutes.
- meanwhile Combine Lemon peel, Juice, Sugar, Sherry, Soy sauce, Chili Sauce, Salt and ginger in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Stir together the cornstarch and water untilsmooth and stir into the hot mixture.
- Continue boilling until the sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- When wings are done, toss them with 1-1 1/2 cups glaze. Sprinkle with Black sesame and sesame seeds, garnish with onion tops.
- serve hot with remaining sauce as dip.
Very tangy and good! I baked the wings with asian spiced salt, cut the soy sauce by 2 T., used lime instead of lemon juice, and increased the sriracha by 1 or 2 T. This sauce was awesome. We haven't had anything like it. It would be very good on grilled shrimp or as a dressing for an asian inspired salad.