Mrs. Gordon's Chinese Chicken Wings
My MIL used to make these - everyone loved them, and so I got the recipe from her so I could make them more often. Now I try to avoid eating chicken wings, but I make an exception for these - every Christmas eve my mom makes them, and they are always a big hit - no left overs!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger (I used chopped up fresh the last time I made it)
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- If you are using frozen chicken wings, defrost them first. If you prefer, cut off tips of wings.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients (except for chicken wings) together in a bowl.
- Spray a 9x11 baking dish with Veg. Oil spray. Place chicken wings in single depth in the pan.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken wings and place in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn wings. Bake for another 30 minutes, and turn wings again.
- Increase heat to 375 and bake for final 30 minutes, and then they are done.
- Take out of cooking liquid to serve or keep warm till serving.