STK FD WIFE, A.TITUS's Note:
Great NON TOP RAMEN NOODLE Chinese chicken salad. Not your typical Chinese chicken salad because this recipe includes quick and easy home fried rice noodles and a salad dressing made from scratch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cooked
- 1 head cabbage, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup almonds (slivered or sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 ounces rice sticks (Asian section in grocery store)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil, for frying rice noodles and roasting almonds
- 1/2 head lettuce, can be added to cabbage for added flavor
- 1Heat to desolve in a small sauce pan sugar, salt and vinegar.
- 2Add to liquid pepper, peanut oil and sesame oil. Mix well and refrigerate until just before serving.
- 3Slice cabbage and lettuce into 1/4 inch slices, if you decide to use cabbage and lettuce. In this instance you will probable want to use half lettuce and half cabbage - 1 head total. Place in a large bowl.
- 4Add to bowl bite size chicken chunks and sliced onions.
- 5Heat 1 tsps oil to small skillet and roast almonds. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- 6Heat 2 - 3 tbsp oil in same skillet until hot. Break rice noodles into 1 - 1 1/2 pieces and slowly add in extra small batches (perhaps 5 or 6 at a time) to hot oil. The noodles will only take a couple of seconds before they expand in size and puff out. Watch these very closely.
- 7Once the noodles are fried remove immedately with slotted spoon remove immediately and drain on paper towel. Noodles will start to brown if they as they cook. You want the noodles to remain white, if at all possible.
- 8Once the noodles are all cooked, whisk the refrigerated dressing until mixture is thoroughly mixed. Since everyone has different tastes add half the salad dressing to the salad. Add additional dressing as you deem fit. (My daughters like double dressing so I will often mix up double the salad dressing.).
- 9Toss salad with dressing.
- 10Top salad with fried noodles and sesame seeds.
- 11Serve salad immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Salad W/Rice Noodles - Non Top Ramen Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 906.5
- Calories from Fat 597
- Total Fat 66.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 1467.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 35.0 g