Recipe by swiz58
I make extra to add to the leftover rice for terrific fried rice. Great as a meal course or as an appetizer. It goes quickly at potlucks.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1 garlic juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons wine or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- red food coloring
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except honey and hoisin in a large bowl.
- Marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Place pork on a rack over a roasting pan with 1/2 cup of water.
- Roast at 375* for 25 minute.
- Turn and bake a further 15 minutes.
- Mix honey and hoisin sauce.
- Baste pork with honey mixture.
- Broil 2 minutes on each side.
- Slice thinly.
- Serve warm or cold.