Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty oriental dish, best done with fresh rice noodles if you can find them. Adding a little "sambal oelek" to the sweet mild chilli sauce adds a nice kick.
- Place broccoli in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, let stand 5 minutes; drain,Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Place noodles in heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, let stand until just tender; drain well.
- Heat oil in wok or large frypan; stir fry combined beef and garlic, in batches, until browned all over and almost cooked.
- Add seeds to wok; stir fry until seeds pop.
- Return beef, noodles, broccoli and sauces to wok; stir fry until mixture is heated though.
Although I'm not usually a fan of brocolli in stir fry, this was good. It retained its crunch and didn't go all mushy. We could only get dried rice noodles, but they worked ok. Next time though we need to pour off the boiling water sooner as they broke up a little. I love saucy things, so I will double the sauce ingredients next time. Flavours were excellent though for such a simple recipe.
Good, quick recipe. I did feel it was quite salty but that was probably the oyster sauce that we used. Instead of broccoli I used a mix of asian style veggies. Baby corn, red capsicum etc.