Recipe by Derf
Tasty oriental dish, best done with fresh rice noodles if you can find them. Adding a little "sambal oelek" to the sweet mild chilli sauce adds a nice kick.
Top Review by JustJanS
Although I'm not usually a fan of brocolli in stir fry, this was good. It retained its crunch and didn't go all mushy. We could only get dried rice noodles, but they worked ok. Next time though we need to pour off the boiling water sooner as they broke up a little. I love saucy things, so I will double the sauce ingredients next time. Flavours were excellent though for such a simple recipe.
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped chunky
- 1 lb thick rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 lb beef steak, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mild sweet chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broccoli in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, let stand 5 minutes; drain,Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Place noodles in heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, let stand until just tender; drain well.
- Heat oil in wok or large frypan; stir fry combined beef and garlic, in batches, until browned all over and almost cooked.
- Add seeds to wok; stir fry until seeds pop.
- Return beef, noodles, broccoli and sauces to wok; stir fry until mixture is heated though.