Recipe by Fairy Nuff
King prawns on the bbq with mango salad...yumm! This recipe yields five prawns per person....if serving as an appetizer then 2 prawns per person would be plenty.
- 20 king prawns (green)
- 3 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 3 chilies, deveined, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 limes, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup palm sugar, grated
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 20 bamboo skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak skewers in cold water.
- Peal and devein prawns leaving the the tails intact.
- Mix the chillies, olive oil, lime juice, palm sugar, fish sauce and garlic well and pour half into a ziplock bag.
- Add the prawns and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Put the mangoes and coriander in a bowl and add the remaining marinade, toss and refrigerate.
- Thread prawns onto skewers.
- Preheat your barbecue on medium high heat. Barbecue prawns, turning and basting for about 3 minutes until the flesh is pink.
- Serve with mango salad and lime wedges.