Prep 12 mins
Cook 50 mins
Boy, if this isn't one of the best things to do to raspberries, I don't know what is!! This is just so yummy!
- 3 quarts fresh raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons raspberry yogurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Mash berries, water and wine together.
- Place in blender and puree.
- Put in large pot.
- Add cranberry juice, sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- Bring just to a boil over med heat.
- Strain and cool.
- Whisk in lemon juice and yogurt.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Chilled fruit soups are SOOO GREAT, & this one is, too! We really liked the use of the raspberry yogurt here! I served it with the sour cream on the side, & although everyone else use & liked it, I preferred mine without! A very nice keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Comfort Cafe under the theme Soup's On!]
I had a bunch of fresh picked raspberries to use up and came across this recipe. What a find and what a delicious soup! I served it as dessert with the sour cream as suggested and everyone was impressed! Thank you so much.