1/5 Photos of Chilled Curried Yellow Squash Soup
Chilled soups are good summer eating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leek white, washed well and drained
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder (as per personal taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 lbs yellow squash, sliced thin
- 4 cups water
- 1In a medium saucepan, cook leek in oil over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- 2Add curry powder and turmeric and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 3Add garlic, squash and water and simmer, stirring occasionally, until squash is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- 4Cool mixture slightly and in a blender puree in batches until smooth, transferring to a bowl.
- 5Season soup with salt and pepper.
- 6Chill soup, covered, at least until cold, about 6 hours, and up to 1 day (after that, it will lose its fresh taste).
- 7Before serving, season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- 8Serve soup with dollops of sour cream and chutney.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Curried Yellow Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 40.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: