Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cool, refreshing, easy! I use non-fat yogurt and low-fat cottage cheese, but any will do.
Make and share this Chilled Cucumber Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 English cucumbers or 2 regular cucumbers, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, white and green
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- kosher salt and pepper (start with 1/4 teaspoon of each)
- 4 tablespoons finely diced sweet red peppers
- Put everything except the red pepper dice into a blender container and puree until smooth.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Serve topped with red pepper dice.
- Variation: Use about 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves instead of the green onion.
- Makes 2 generous or 4 small servings.