Heirloom Tomato's Note:
Cool, refreshing, easy! I use non-fat yogurt and low-fat cottage cheese, but any will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 English cucumbers or 2 regular cucumbers, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion, white and green
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- kosher salt and pepper (start with 1/4 teaspoon of each)
- 4 tablespoons finely diced sweet red peppers
- 1Put everything except the red pepper dice into a blender container and puree until smooth.
- 2Chill at least one hour.
- 3Serve topped with red pepper dice.
- 4Variation: Use about 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves instead of the green onion.
- 5Makes 2 generous or 4 small servings.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Cucumber Soup
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 439.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 11.5 g