Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
i found this recipe in a sunday magazine and just had to share it with others
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and chopped beetroots
- 10 spring onions
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 parsley sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- orange rind
- 2 1⁄2 pints water
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 5 fluid ounces natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chives (chopped)
- put the prepared beetroot into a large pan with the spring onions,thyme,garlic,parsley,bay leaf and orange rind,.
- pour in the water and bring to the boil then simmer for 1 hour.
- peel and chop the cucumber and add to the soup and cook for a further 10 mins,.
- pour the soup into a large bowl through a sieve and leave to fully drain through
- serve with plain yoghurt and chives.