Recipe by carolinafan
From Taste of Home.
Top Review by Darcy O.
WE loved these!! Different than the traditiona for a change. I only used 2 peppers (for my husband and I) because my kids hate peppers. I also used 2 cans of chili beans because we like it that way. So, for the left over chili, we ate for left overs. Really good for being fast and easy.
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds.
- Place peppers in a large kettle and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook until crisp-tender; about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet; cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add beans, tomatoes, chili powder, salt if desired, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture into peppers; place in an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.