Cook1 hr 30 mins
Coffee inspired barbecue rib rub.
Make and share this Chili Rubbed Baby Back Ribs W/ Dark Roast Coffee Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
For the rub
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces dark beer
For the BBQ sauce
- 14 -18 ounces prepared hickory barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely ground dark roast coffee (or espresso)
- For the rub:.
- Whisk rub ingredients together in small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture all over ribs.
- Gently boil beer in medium saucepan until reduced to about 1 cup.
- Place ribs in roasting pan or thick foil for grill. Pour beer around ribs. Cover ribs with foil and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F or preheat gas grill to approximately 350-400°F
- Once heated, roast ribs for about 1.5 hours. If using outdoor gas grill try adding some alder or cherry wood chips (if not for anything other than a neighbor jealousy-inducing aroma).
- For the BBQ sauce:.
- Combine ingredients in medium saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brush ribs with sauce. Grill ribs over medium heat, about 5 minutes per side. Save some sauce for slathering and dipping.
- Serve with polenta.