Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Debbie who calls it "The Chili Egg Thing that's Good". Can sizes listed for the salsa are estimates. My directions didn't have ounces listed
- 2 (4 ounce) cans Ortega green chilies, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili salsa
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can salsa, suprema
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Beat eggs until frothy, add milk and Bisquick, Mix chili and cheese with a fork. Spread into a buttered casserole dish. Pour Bisquick mixture over chili and cheese, Mix lightly. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Mix green chili salsa, tomatoes, salsa suprema and cheddar cheese for the sauce, heat in pan on stove top until the cheese is melted. Pour over casserole.