Chili Relleno Casserole
photo by G.I. Joe Girl
- Ready In:
- 6 large eggs
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb colby cheese
- 8 ounces whole green chilies
- Separate egg whites from yolks. Whip egg whites until stiff. Beat yolks until smooth. Fold yolks into whites. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grate cheeses and combine together.
- Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Spread small amount of egg mixture in dish.
- Split open green chilies and layer on top of eggs in dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Spread some more egg on top of that.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are gone (finish with egg).
- Bake for 25 minutes @ 350° or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is very close to the recipe i just used, I used 3 4oz cans of whole chilis and added in some chopped onion beterrn each layer. I also omitted the seperating and whipping of the eggs...I just am not that patient! I also did not add eggs till last, once they cooked till set I added a can of enchilada sauce on top and topped with more cheese. Yummy!!! (and low carb!)