Recipe by Munchkin Mama
Great served as a meal alongside egg noodles and a vegetable or even as an appetizer. From the book: Frozen Assets: How to cook for a day and eat for a month. I recommend serving with Browned Buttered Egg Noodles. You can also use this sauce with hotdogs, as I did in the picture.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce
- 11 ounces grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 32 ounces frozen meatballs (Or use your own homemade)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, dissolve bouillon cube in 1/2 cup hot water.
- Whisk in the chili sauce, jelly, and lemon juice until smooth. Simmer on low heat until mixture starts to bubble and thicken.
- Add meatballs. Cook until fully thawed and cooked through.
- Serve immediately over cooked noodles or rice. Or, freeze in freezer bag.
- You can also cook the sauce as directed and add with the meatballs to a crockpot. Cook 8 hours on low.