Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Belly-warming soup for when the weather startes getting cooler.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth, vegetable broth or 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and onion. Saute about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, corn, broth and Tabasco.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce hat to low; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutss, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Add salt to taste.