Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious Chic Pea salad that will please any palate, and it hardly has any fat. Its also FULL of protein.
- 2 cups of drained chickpeas
- 3 stalks scallions, finely chopped down to the white
- 1⁄2 a red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, shaved, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of caned corn kernel, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, slice olives in slivers (measure BEFORE you cut)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup couscous (1/2 c AFTER cook) (optional)
- balsamic vinegar
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil (I prefer 'Kalamata olive oil', though any will do)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or a squeeze of fresh lemon)
- After cutting up and prepping all ingredients, throw them all into a big bowl.
- Add vinegars, oil, and seasonings (salt, pepper, lemon juice) in a separate bowl, fork whisk for a few seconds and pour over the salad.
- Stir it up a few times to get the dressing evenly disbursed.
- Chill for 30 minutes or more, then serve and enjoy.
I really enjoyed this recipe. I was looking for a quick and easy lunch, and this definitely works. I make it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for when I want a healthy small meal or snack. I added about a cup of couscous instead of a half, and I was glad for the extra 'meatiness' it added. I also used red peppers instead of green peppers, as I prefer them. I think some jalapenos could go nicely in this recipe as well. I will definitely be making it again!
Yummy and filling!!!!! Added a little more garlic because I am a garlic lover!!!!!