Black Bean and Garbanzo Salad
photo by K9 Owned
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained (chick peas)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup sweet red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sweet onion
- 3⁄4 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, thick and chunky variety
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Mix together drained beans and thawed corn.
- Chop red pepper, onion, celery and carrot and add to bean mixture.
- Add rest of ingredients, stir to mix.
- Chill for two hours or more before serving.
- (Hot pepper sauce and salt can be adjusted to taste.).
- (Cooking time is chilling time.).
- ("Heat" of salsa is up to you.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved this simple, yet tasty salad. The fact that it is healthy too, is an added bonus. When I started to make this, I realized I didn't have garbanzo beans, so I used cannellini beans instead. Also, I added: some sugar to cut the tart of the lime juice, cumin, black pepper, and additional salt. It was even better the next day. Thank you for sharing! **Made for 2017 Football Pool**
I love the flavor of this dish! I'm always looking for a new chickpea recipe & this was all stuff I had on hand. Oh, except I had to sub green pepper for the red. Other than that, made as directed. I did go easy on the salt, just sprinkled & tasted til it was good. I loved the contrast of crunchy veggies to soft, but firm, beans. I'll be making this again for sure! Thanks for sharing your creation, Linky!
see 3 more reviews