Chickpea, Pumpkin and Avocado Salad
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Start with cold water and bring beetroots to boil in their skin with a little salt for 30 minutes until almost cooked. Drain, cool and slip skins from beetroot. Cut into half.
- Slice pumpkin into wedges with skin on. Place pumpkin and onion on a baking tray on baking paper and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for approximately half an hour to cook through and caramelise. On a separate tray in the oven on baking paper toss semi cooked beetroot with extra virgin olive oil for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill pan to high. Slice washed radicchio into quarters removing as much stalk without letting it fall apart. Toss with extra virgin olive oil and grill on both side till well caramelised (about 2 minutes per side). Set aside.
- Slice avocado in half and cut into chunks and drizzle with lemon.
- Buy the best quality chick peas you can find. Rinse in fresh water and drain.
- Using a large bowl combine all ingredients and then to taste add red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil with lots of flat leaf parsley.