Recipe by SaraFish
With a picture! A delicious, easy, stovetop vegetarian Indian curry that makes a yummy lunch! Based on a recipe I got from MrCurrys.com with a sample of their wonderful curry seasoning powder.
Top Review by MizzNezz
I loove chickpeas, and oh boy, this is a great way to fix them! I didn't change a thing in this recipe. I used 3 t curry powder, and it was just right. The fresh ginger is great with the chickpeas. It was so good and so quick, I will make it a lot! Thanks SaraFish!!
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -4 teaspoon mrcurrys.com curry powder (or your favorite curry powder blend)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic and curry powder (I use about 3 teaspoon for medium-spicy), stir and cook for another minute or so.
- Add chickpeas and salt and a tablespoon or so of water.
- Cook and stir about a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring gently.
- Add another spoonful of water if it seems dry or if it's burning or sticking.
- Serve with flatbread and rice.