With a picture! A delicious, easy, stovetop vegetarian Indian curry that makes a yummy lunch! Based on a recipe I got from MrCurrys.com with a sample of their wonderful curry seasoning powder.
- Saute onions in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic and curry powder (I use about 3 teaspoon for medium-spicy), stir and cook for another minute or so.
- Add chickpeas and salt and a tablespoon or so of water.
- Cook and stir about a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring gently.
- Add another spoonful of water if it seems dry or if it's burning or sticking.
- Serve with flatbread and rice.