1/4 Photos of Chickpea Curry (Garbanzos)
With a picture! A delicious, easy, stovetop vegetarian Indian curry that makes a yummy lunch! Based on a recipe I got from MrCurrys.com with a sample of their wonderful curry seasoning powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onions in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- 2Add ginger, garlic and curry powder (I use about 3 teaspoon for medium-spicy), stir and cook for another minute or so.
- 3Add chickpeas and salt and a tablespoon or so of water.
- 4Cook and stir about a minute.
- 5Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring gently.
- 6Add another spoonful of water if it seems dry or if it's burning or sticking.
- 7Serve with flatbread and rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Curry (Garbanzos)
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.5
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1267.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 13.0 g