1/9 Photos of Chicken With Wine and Mushrooms
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Amazingly simple, delicious and low calorie! Only 220 calories per serving! Plus this plates up beautifully and makes you look like you went all out! Makes any occasion special! Boneless skinless chicken breasts browned and juicy with a very tasty wine and mushroom sauce that is perfection on a plate! Yet this is so fast, easy and delicious you can make it on any busy weeknight or serve it up at your best dinner party! They just won't know what hit 'em!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, use real butter for best flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet and brown chicken breasts on both sides. Cover and cook until juices run clear. About 6-10 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove chicken and keep warm. If you find you need more oil use some cooking spray instead if you want to keep the fat and calories down.
- 2In the same skillet saute mushrooms, garlic and onions- green and white parts- until tender.
- 3Add butter salt and pepper and when butter has melted stir in wine or broth- I recommend wine! -.
- 4In a small bowl combine water and cornstarch and stir until smooth and dissolved. Add to skillet.
- 5Bring to boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until desired thickness.
- 6Return chicken to pan and heat through. Taste for seasoning and add some salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- 7Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
- 8NOTE: If you want even more sauce add 1 more cup of chicken broth to the wine or broth in step 3. Want the sauce thicker? Add more cornstarch in step 4.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Wine and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 80.6 mg
- Sodium 353.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 26.1 g