Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ordinary chicken gets spruced up when served with this sweet and savory sauce that's as easy to make as it is delicious.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large onions, sliced or 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until the onion is tender. Add 1/2 cup broth and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, cover and keep warm. Stir the remaining broth, orange juice and mustard in the skillet and heat to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup. Serve the sauce with the chicken.