Recipe by Jane Gib
Another stew that you can freeze or pre-cook.I found it in a little cook-ahead-meals book I was given by a neighbour
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 orange, juice and rind of, grated
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 avocados, stoned and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- coat the chicken with flour and seasoning.
- brown in the butter and oil. set aside the chicken, but leave the oil.
- cook there the onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf and thyme for 10 minute.
- stir in orange rind and juice, stock and sugar.
- bring to the boil, reduce heat and replace the chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minute.
- *chill for 1 day, freeze for up to 3 months*.
- Add the avocado and mix lightly. garnish with the parsley.