Recipe by Danielle K.
Jasmine Rice is a wonderful twist to rice. So I wanted to try it with some chicken.
- 1 cup soft jasmine rice, cooked
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 whole roasting chicken, cooked, skinned, boned, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped anaheim chili
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth, warm
Directions See How It's Made
- While rice is still warm, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and toss to mix well.
- While chicken is still warm, sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice and garlic.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat; add onions and peppers, stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken and stir fry about 1 minute.
- Add cooked rice and stir-fry.
- Add soy sauce, fish sauce and cinnamon, cooking and stirring until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Pour chicken broth over all and stir fry 1 minute more.