Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
Juicy chicken with a great creamy alfredo sauce. Very easy to make!
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook fettuccine according to package. Drain.
- While fettuccine is cooking, prepare chicken.
- Heat 12-inch skillet; add 2 TBSP butter.
- Flatten chicken slightly.
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- Roll in flour, add to skillet.
- Cook and brown until juices run clear, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add to skillet 2 TBS butter, onions, and garlic.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add cream, cook for 3 minutes until reduced a bit.
- Add cheese, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Stir well.
- Add last 1 TBSP butter and stir well.
- Bring back chicken and coat with sauce.
- Place chicken on plates, put fettuccine in sauce and swirl around to coat well.
- Add to plate with chicken.
This was a quick fix that everyone loved. What I liked the best about this is the chicken didn't get lost in the sauce. I browned the chicken and before serving, cut it onto bite sized pieces and mixed it together with the fettuccini. I found it served up easy and displayed nicely.
This was fantastic! Nice flavor, beautiful presentation. Just the right balance to the seasonings. Sauce was perfect. Thanks for a great recipe.
Inez has done it again. I knew this one would be great as her reputation proceedes her. Once I see the Inez Willenborg band wagon loading, I have to jump on! Sauce was light and not overpowering as some fettuccini sauces are. We enjoyed the addition of the red pepper. Didn't change a thing, although added a bit of salt. Thanks for another fantastic meal, Inez!