Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or 1 teaspoon miso
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- black pepper
- 12 ounces dried fettuccine pasta (check it’s eggless)
- Cut the cauliflower into medium florets. Add to a pot of salted, boiling water and let simmer for 10 minutes until very soft. Drain and tip into the jug of a blender.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over a medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook until softened and slightly golden – about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute then from from the heat. Tip into the jug of the blender along with the vegan cream cheese, vegetable broth, salt, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast and a generous pinch of black pepper. Blitz until silky smooth.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to the directions on the packet. Drain and return to the pot. Pour in the cauliflower sauce and stir together. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Divide between bowls and serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
www.topwithcinnamon.com Food blogger & cookbook author ('The Savvy Cook' and 'Top with Cinnamon')