1/1 Photo of Chicken With Confetti Corn Sauce
Bert's Kitchen Witch's Note:
This is my "tweaked up" version of a recipe that I found on an "Easy Cooking" recipe card a few years back. It's tasty and looks fancy for company with out too much trouble.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 stalks green onions, chopped (for garnish)
Corn Sauce Ingredients
- 1Mix together the salt, pepper, chili powder, and the onion and garlic powder.
- 2Season chicken breasts with the spice mixture.
- 3Place chicken on a broiler pan, and broil for 4 minutes.
- 4After 4 minutes, add bacon alongside chicken on pan.
- 5Broil, turning chicken and bacon for 10-15 minutes longer, until done.
- 6Drain bacon on paper towels, and set aside chicken, keep warm.
- 7For Sauce:.
- 8Sauté diced onion and diced red and green bell peppers in butter for about 3 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, place cream cheese and milk in a saucepan over low heat.
- 10Heat, stirring until cream cheese melts; remove from heat.
- 11Add sour cream, the onions and peppers, corn, salt and pepper.
- 12Heat corn sauce to serving temperature over medium heat, about 3-4 minutes.
- 13Slice chicken into 1/4 inch slices. Fan out on serving platter.
- 14Spoon corn sauce over chicken. Crumble bacon and sprinkle over the top.
- 15Sprinkle the green onions over the top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Confetti Corn Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.8
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 150.1 mg
- Sodium 966.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 37.2 g