Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A "gourmet" version of the standard chicken wing...
- 12 large chicken wings
- 1 large lemon
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- Put the wings in a roasting dish and squeeze the lemon juice over them.
- Cut up what's left of the lemon and tuck it in between the wings with the bay leaves.
- Crack the peppercorns in a mortar until they've been bashed into small but chunky pieces.
- Mix with the olive oil and then toss with the chicken and lemon.
- Scatter the salt flakes over the chicken.
- Roast in a hot oven for 40-45 minutes, turning once.
- The chicken should be golden and sticky.
These wings have a nice 'grown up' taste which I quite liked (I don't think that kids would like them very much). They were also pretty simple to throw together. I used dried bay leaves but I would recommend using fresh as I feel they would impart more flavour than the dried. I also used a premium quality extra virgin olive oil. I baked them at 375 for about 50 minutes, and turned them twice rather than just the once. Nice recipe Sackville. Thanks.