Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a family favorite and makes a large amount. So have people over when you make these!
Make and share this Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bottle ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Cut chicken wings in 1/2 and brown in 1 Tbsp.
- Place them in a large pan.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, worchesterschire sauce and soy sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the wings.
- Bake 3 to 4 hours at 350 degrees.
- You can usually buy the frozen mini wings that are great and taste just as good.
I cut the number of wings by half. Since there isn't a size listed for the ketchup, I mixed all the other ingredients together and then added ketcup until I got what I felt was the right consistency. I baked in the oven for about 1 1/2 hours and the meat was falling-off-the-bone perfect. I felt the flavor was s little too ketchup-y for my tastes so I would add less next time. Thanks for posting!
These wings tasted wonderful. I did have a couple of problems with the recipe though. It doesn't specify the size of bottle of ketchup so I used a 24 oz. bottle. It also doesn't say how many wings to use so I had a 3 pounds bag of wings that I used. The time was too long for 3 pounds of wings and I ended up cooking them for hour and a half. I will make these again as everyone enjoyed them.
First I cooked them as the recipe suggests in the oven but only for 1 1/2 hrs , let them cool and then BBQ'd them for only a few minutes- great recipe for do ahead. I did add some chopped green pepper & chopped onion. These would freeze well. I cut the recipe back to do 6 wings (12 pieces) worked well Thanks happydaisy for a keeper — May 18, 2005