Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Giada De Laurentiis recipe from Everyday Italian on Food Network. Has received 5 star rating out of numerous reviews.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, with skin and bone-in
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, halved
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces frozen artichokes (or 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof pot over high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a bowl.
- Add potatoes to pot and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add wine and stir to scrape up brown bits on bottom of pot.
- Add broth, oregano, and thyme. Return chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover with lid and place overproof pot into preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving plate, arrange potatoes around chicken.
- Add artichoke hearts to sauce in pot. Cover and simmer over high heat until artichokes are tender, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and stir in butter.
- Pour sauce over chicken and potatoes and serve.
This recipe is missing the red pepper flakes. They are absolutely necessary to this dish.
Very flavorful, and the chicken was so tender! This is restaurant quality. Absolutely delicious! We loved this and I'll be making it again very soon. Thank you for posting!
Yummy! I have wanted to try this ever since I saw Giada make it on Everyday Italian, and I finally got around to it. It was very tasty. I used canned artichokes that I rinsed off before adding. Thank you!