Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This soup is so tasty and good for you! Have as little or as much as you like! It is perfect for filling you up before your small meal of healthy stuff! I used this soup for colds/flus and even for dieting!!
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 -4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 8 cups water
- salt & pepper
- Bring water to boil.
- In the meantime, cut up all the vegetables into small cubes.
- Cut the chicken into 1cm cubes.
- Add the vegetables and garlic and stock and boil on high heat for 5 minutes, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and bring to boil for 2 minutes, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or longer.
- Soup is ready when all ingredients have sunk to the bottom!
The best chicken and vegetable I have made! It's easy, very yummy and low in calories. Thank you!
Very good and tasty especially when your craving soup on a low carb diet.
GREAT hearty chicken soup, TRUE! Does make you feel better too! Comfort food as comfort can be! Thanks for sharing this warming recipe!