- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 (6 inch) tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in small skillet.
- Cook tortillas in hot oil one at a time for 20-40 seconds on each side or until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain tortillas on a paper towel; keep warm in foil in 250° F oven until serving time.
- To assemble, top each tostada with lettuce, chicken, salsa, cheese, avocado and olives.
- Top with sour cream, if desired.