Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of the gals from college gave me this recipe. She and I used to swap out on cooking meals because we were the only ones who like to cook on our floor. I was thumbing through my recipes working on "Culinary Corner" for the easy winter soups article. It was SOOO filling and good. At the time, I thought it was different and really, I'm really leery about trying new stuff. VERY quick and easy for you Mom's who need something fast!
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce (I prefer Pace) or 1⁄2 cup salsa (I prefer Pace)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken (canned, rotisserie, or home-cooked (leftover, used them all!)
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 13 1⁄2 ounces white corn tortilla chips, crushed
- Combine the broth, picante sauce/salsa, garlic powder, tomatoes and in saucepan. Heat to a boil. Cook over low heat 5 minute.
- Add chicken and heat through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with crushed tortilla chips and cheese.
Super easy and super yummy. I added one extra ingredient and that was a white queso dip with jalapenos. This is my new fav soup. Thanks for sharing it!!
Really tasty soup with a great zest! Super quick to make and a great use for leftover chicken.