1/1 Photo of Chicken Tortilla Soup
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
One of the gals from college gave me this recipe. She and I used to swap out on cooking meals because we were the only ones who like to cook on our floor. I was thumbing through my recipes working on "Culinary Corner" for the easy winter soups article. It was SOOO filling and good. At the time, I thought it was different and really, I'm really leery about trying new stuff. VERY quick and easy for you Mom's who need something fast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup picante sauce (I prefer Pace) or 1/2 cup salsa (I prefer Pace)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (canned, rotisserie, or home-cooked (leftover, used them all!)
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 13 1/2 ounces white corn tortilla chips, crushed
- 1Combine the broth, picante sauce/salsa, garlic powder, tomatoes and in saucepan. Heat to a boil. Cook over low heat 5 minute.
- 2Add chicken and heat through.
- 3Ladle the soup into bowls and top with crushed tortilla chips and cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.7
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 1612.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white corn tortilla chips