Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fantastic creamy Indian dish
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 ounces chicken broth
- 10 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons almonds, ground
- marinate chicken in store-bought tikka paste and yogurt and grill (or just plain grilled if unable to find paste).
- Pulp together ginger, garlic and some salt.
- melt butter and fry onion until soft, add pulp and cook a few minutes.
- Stir in all powdered spices and cook for few minutes.
- Add chicken broth to make a thick saute.
- Warm through and add cream and heat gently.
- Now add the cooked chicken and cook for 10 minutes in the sauce.
- Stir in the ground almonds and simmer for 5 minutes or less.
- Usually served with saffron rice and naan bread.
definitely needs some tikka paste and a handful of cashews insteads almonds for the ultimate flavour
A great dish and can easily be seasoned to your liking. My wife and I tried this after we returned from two weeks in India. It was similar to several dishes we had there. Instead of unsalted butter we use margarine. We have also used whole milk when we are short on heavy cream and we don't add the almonds. Delicious!