Recipe by Phil Franco
From Cooking Light The apples create a flavorful chunky sauce. Feel free to leave bits of peel on the apples to make this rustic dish even more colorful.
- 5 cups apples, chopped peeled (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped parsley (optional)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss well to coat. Spread apple mixture on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, and arrange on top of the apple mixture. Bake at 475° for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and apple is tender. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Partially mash apple mixture with a potato masher, and serve with chicken. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 thighs and about 2/3 cup apple mixture).