Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just a touch of nutmeg adds to the great taste of this classic.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons dry white wine
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- In skillet, cook chicken in butter, 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour, add the broth.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in cream, parsley, salt, nutmeg, pepper and wine.
- Fold in the spaghetti.
- Put in a greased pan or casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered at 350* for 30 minutes.
This recipe was really good tasting and easy to make. Instead of spaghetti I used ziti. It came out very good.
Really good! I used olive oil rather than butter, more chicken (2 breasts and 6 thighs), more white wine (1/2 cup) and more parsley (1/4 cup). I also used garlic and parsley spelt egg noodles. YUM!!!!!!!!
A very good hardy comfort meal and easy to prepare. I added onions, garlic, red peppers. My family loved this.