Recipe by hollywall
this is the spice mix i use for tacos of every kind, beef, ground pork or chicken, i also add in chopped onion and bell pepper - this is the best mix i've found
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml smoked paprika
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon
- 2.46 ml onion powder, plus
- 1.23 ml garlic powder or 4.92 ml lawrys garlic salt
- 1.23 ml dried chili pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 453.59 g ground meat
- 1-2 bell pepper (red is great)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 mixed spice, from above (or to taste)
- 78.07 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- cook and stir ground meat til opaque, add in onion and then bell pepper with 1/2 seasoning mix, when slightly carmelized (bell peppers not soggy).
- add 1/3 cup water and cook til veggies are tender.
- serve with corn tortillas prepared as follows.
- dampen tortilla with water then rub with lime juice or 1/2 lime sprinkle with kosher salt and place in hot skillet (spray only once with Pam or use basting brush with 1/2 teas oil) turn when golden on bottom. outside will be crispy but inside will be tender, chewy and moist).
- serve with green sauce, shredded lettuce, or cabbage sprinkled with lime and salt,chopped tomato or pico de gallo, chopped onion and cilantro, finely grated cotija (or other cheese), sour cream etc.