Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy to put together casserole for a future dinner on the run!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (turkey is good too)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (15 -30 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup cheese, grated (reserve in it's own baggie)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup guacamole (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 5 cups tortilla chips (optional)
- Mix taco seasoning and tomato sauce.
- Add shredded chicken and coat it well with tomato mixture.
- Place cooked rice in the bottom of a 13 X 9 X 2 or disposable baking pan.
- Top with chicken mixture.
- (You may want to flash freeze at this point before going on to the next step) Top with 1-2 cans of refried beans so you have a nice even coating.
- Freeze in the disposable pan or pop out and put in freezer bag.
- Place casserole back in the 9 X 13 X 2 pan.
- After thawing top with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes at 350F or until hot all the way through and the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Top with your favorite toppings or dip with tortilla chips!
This was so good. It was exactly what I was looking for. We Put it on tortillas and added sour cream, guacamole and olives. YUM! It is going to become a favorite in out family for a long time.
Easy to make! I used turkey burger instead of shredded chicken, mashed pinto beans, in place of the re-fried beans, and added more cheese and rice then called for. Topped with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, and olives. Over all it tasted good, and even made a great version of a taco salad!
Super easy and tasty. Used "Mexician Rice" from Rice a Roni for some extra flavor. Preferred using it in a burrito than eating it plain. Overall, a hit with the fam.